Sunday 18 November 2012

The Bowl

We have a great little spot for tobogganing by our place.  It's been lovingly and aptly named "The Bowl" because it is essentially the shape of a bowl - sledders can go down a hill from pretty much any side of it and wind up in the middle.  Every year, there are kids who build jumps at strategic points on the hill too, so there is even more of an attraction to the hill.  Today, we trekked to The Bowl for the first time this season for some winter fun. 

As I watched the children slide down the hill, I smiled at the chaos below me.  I was amazed by how narrowly kids avoided sliding over others who were either at the bottom or climbing back to the top.  I felt the sting for an older one who took one of the jumps and landed rather loudly.  I grinned as my now big two-year-old whizzed down the hill with her brother or sister.  It is, after all, just a rather large and white slide - what could be better than that?


No comments:

Post a Comment