We did it! We finished the ornithopters today! There was lots of slow, patient cutting of tissue paper and concentration as we connected all the pieces together. There was a little of waiting for glue to dry. There was some testing of the ornithopters, and fascination at watching the wings flap on their own (after the elastic that powers the whole thing was wound up, of course). There was a bit of talk of pretending to be wizards, with the birds being a most wizardly accessory. Then, I think, the clubbers decided that perhaps those birds should be handled quite carefully, and they were left to allow the glue to finish drying as the Clubbers burst outside to enjoy free time.