Saturday 28 July 2012

Gratitude

When I went to bed last night, I wasn't thinking of gratitude.  But it was one of the first things I thought of this morning when I was woken by the sound of a car hitting our parked car on the street.  Despite the fact that our family of 5 is now car-less and my husband and I spent more of our day than I care to think of perusing the web for comparable cars, there was much to be thankful for.

  ~ I'm thankful our car was parked where it was, so it blocked the other truck from going through our fence and into the yard where my husband and son were sleeping in their tent.

  ~ I'm thankful no one was injured.

  ~ I'm thankful the driver of the other vehicle came back to the scene after leaving it.  We talked to our children about honesty this morning, and how it can be a courageous thing to be honest when we know not much good is going to be coming our way when we do so.

  ~ I'm thankful for the immediate offers of vehicles from extended family while we wait to find out what will happen to ours.

  ~ I'm thankful for the neighbours who dropped by to check if everyone was okay.

Here's hoping for an uneventful morning tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment